Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My First Blog


So people have been asking me, “what are you planning to do for your six months abroad?” Well the answer is quite long and can’t be put in a simple Facebook post. That is why I have started this blog to inform everyone here in the states what is going on before and during this semester abroad. But before I talk to you about my semester abroad I would like to introduce Brady Quarles to you.
            Brady Quarles (pictured above with me to the left) is going to be partnering with me during my semester abroad. He has been across the world and seen various places. Brady has traveled from one housing situation to another but the closest place he could call home would be Del Rio, Texas. Brady is a very hip and artistic man. Brady is one of the most compassionate people that I have ever met. If you have never met him before he probably would still great you with a hug. His Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/brady.quarles if you’re interested to find out more about him.
            I can officially say that Brady and I will be going abroad together what I can’t officially say is where we will be going. As of now there will be four men from the Intercultural Studies program heading out fall of 2012. Brady and I are two of those men Jon and Wade are the other two. Jon and Wade have officially confirmed there location to be in Eastern Asia. As we speak the company we are going through is deciding whether we will go with Jon and Wade or we will be moved to another location in Eastern Asia.
            The company we are going through has asked each of us to raise about 4,000 dollars. What we ask more of you is your prayers and encouraging words during this time. The past few months have been a hair puller going through this process and who knows what’s in store for the next few months. Your prayers will really help us get through this time as they already have been helping us. I know I am not as entertaining of a writer as I would like to be but I hope I can continue to keep you informed through this blog. I hope you all have a happy new years and stay safe inside with your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment